Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spanish Rice

I'm a Mexican food fanatic! I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I have:) My King Ranch Chicken post was a huge hit. So I wanted to share with you what I serve on the side. This rice is super simple and delicious.
 


Here is what you need:

First you will pour about 2 turns of the pan of olive oil (if you're not an olive oil fan you can use 2 tbs. butter, melt) and pour in a cup of rice. Sauté for a few minutes.
Then add in your diced onion and bell pepper. Cook till veggies are soft. Make sure your rice doesn't burn. A little color is good! It adds a great nutty flavor.
 
Once your veggies are soft add in your canned tomatoes and 1 can full of water. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Turn down to simmer, cover and cook for about 20 min or until rice is fully cooked.
 

Spanish Rice

1 cup rice
1/2 diced bell pepper
1/4 diced onion
1 can diced tomatoes (I prefer the chili style. I feel it give it a more smoky flavor)
1 can water
olive oil (or 2 tbsp. butter if you prefer)

Pour your olive oil in the pan. Add rice and sauté a couple of min. Then add in your diced bell pepper and onion. Sauté till veggies are soft. Add in 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 can of water, sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is nice and soft.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy!!! I could eat Mexican food all the time to.

    ReplyDelete