Monday, August 18, 2014

Perfect Pasta Salad

Today I whipped up an easy pasta salad out of the things that I had in my pantry and fridge. The thing I love about this pasta salad is you can make it your own. You don't like olives? Omit them. You want to add salami? Perfect! You want to home make your dressing out of olive oil and vinegar, go for it!! It's all yours to design. Let me show you how I made mine (and let me just say the dressing is what makes it!).
Here are the ingredients you will need: *note for some reason I forgot to put the tomatoes in the pic:)
While your pasta is cooking, according to its package, cut up your add ins.
I like to add my pepperoncini in whole at the end. You can slice them or omit them. It's perfect either way. Mix in your ingredients and then add about 1/2 cup of the Robusto Italian dressing. ***Note that the dressing is Wishbones Robusto Italian...it totally makes the dish and you have to try it!

This makes a perfect lunch or side dish and the best part is it's mayo free!!! So you can take it to a picnic or party and not worry about keeping it cold! Make it today:)

Perfect Pasta Salad

Tri Color Pasta
Grape tomatoes
Black olives
Mozzarella cheese (all I had was cheddar and mozz string cheese so that's what I used but you can use the mozzarella balls you find in the fine cheese case)
Pepperoni
Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing (I just eye balled it, but I'd say about 1/2 cup)

Cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking slice up your add ins. Drain pasta and run cold water over the  pasta to cool it down. Add your add ins to the pasta. Pour in dressing and mix well. Enjoy!! Refrigerating prior to eating will enhance the flavor:)

1 comment:

  1. You're getting brave with your pepperoncini's......looks delicious

    ReplyDelete