Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mosquitos and a Sweet Treat

I dislike mosquitos with a passion!! They are so sneaky that you think you've gone outside and are in the clear until you go inside and see that you have been bit multiple times. UGH!! Well if you're planning on having a party with several people over, or are just planning on being in the backyard for a while, I have found many ways to keep those sneaky pest away!

First we have our typical spray and candle:
Then, did you know that there are certain plants that you can have around that will do the same thing! Isn't God good:) After investigating pinterest and our local garden store, these are the 2 that we decided to use. They not only smell great but are pretty too.

First we planted citronella. I mean if we're going to light it we might as well have it setting on the ground too :)

Next what we planted you may already have in your garden and didn't even know it was repelling those pest. It's rosemary!! I love the smell and taste of rosemary and now I love that it can help in the prevention of mosquitos.
 
So the next time you are in a need for some pesky repellent be sure to check the plant section as well!

Now for my sweet treat!! Today I have made one delicious chocolate sheet cake!! It is great for birthday parties and get-togethers and is always a huge hit. Now I wish I could take credit for this great cake but I have to give it to my girl, Pioneer Woman. She is one of my favorite cooks and seems to never disappoint.
Click here to find the recipe and step by step instructions to this great cake! (The one I made today is nut free)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment