Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Cookin' in the Kitchen

Who doesn't love to eat?! What about Pinterest, are you obsessed as much as me?! I have been asked many times "how did you make that?," "can I get your recipe?," "what can I make with this?" Well I have decided to take this part of my blog and use it as my recipe box. I will be sharing family favorites, leftover makeovers, as well as trying out Pinterest meals to see if it's as good as it looks in the picture :) So join me on this journey of, What's Cookin' in the Kitchen!!


July 30th, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Daddy!!! In honor of his birthday I'm cooking up his favorite meal of lasagna. Lasagna is not only an easy meal to make but it freezes great too and that's just what I'm going to do with the ones I made today.

Here's what you will need:

Recipe:
1-2 lbs. ground meat
Fajita Seasoning
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 42 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
 Lasagna noodles (cooked)
16 oz. bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet brown your meat, adding your chopped garlic and season with fajita seasoning, salt and pepper. Drain. Add your jar of spaghetti sauce, and turn to simmer. In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil, and oregano.

In a 13x9 baking dish, spread 3/4 cup of sauce. Next, place 3 to 4 noodles on top of sauce. Spread your ricotta mixture on top of noodles. Add sauce and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat 2 more times. End with noodles on top and spread the rest of your sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into it.

Make Ahead Directions: Prepare recipe as directed; DO NOT BAKE. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Refrigerate up to 48 hours or freeze up to 2 months. Remove plastic wrap; replace foil. Bake refrigerated at 350 for 45 min or frozen lasagna about 1 hour and 30 min, removing foil during the last 10 min.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment